By Fashion Contributor Caitlin (@themummystylefiles)
Phew! Well we've made it to the halfway mark of our trip [read Part 1 here]! The India, London and Paris legs are done and as we head to the United States I'd say we are all feeling a bit tired and emotional.
Hubby and our toddler are sick and the baby and I are currently inseparable thanks to a hefty onset of separation anxiety on his part. Most days he spends so much time in the Baby Bjorn I feel as though I am 16months pregnant and even less inclined to think about baby number three AT ALL, let alone in the next five years or so.
So much has happened on our trip and in many ways it has not been what I expected it to be, but rather than bore you with a three week long recap, I thought I'd break it down into highlights of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...
· Hearing my toddler say 'Bonjour' 'London' 'Croissant' and 'Namaste’ and knowing that, at some level, she’s learning about different cultures and ways of living.
· The jewelry shopping in India
· Endless Masala Dosa's in Delhi and Pain au Chocolat in Paris
· Every single plane ride being smooth sailing and drama free thus far. Touch wood it continues!
· Being forced to go to sleep at the same time as the kids most night. Although I'm still getting up with the baby multiple times at night, I still feel like I'm getting more sleep than at home.
· Watching the kids spend so much time together and having the hubby with us 24/7.
· The coffee. Everywhere.
· Not being able to take advantage of our surroundings with many pictures for the blog because we always have two kids in tow. Where is the holiday Nanny when you need her? Hehe.
· Thinking it would be a good idea to take a double red eye from Delhi to Dubai to London and then turn around the next day and catch a train to Paris. #ouch
· The fact that mum life doesn't stop regardless of where you are. You still need to do laundry, buy nappies, wash bottles etc. I'm not sure why this hadn’t occurred to me but no matter how obvious, it is so much more tiring when you aren’t in your own environment to just go through the ‘chore’ motions.
· A never-ending sleepover with two extra bodies in our bed... Every single night...
· A tutu induced toddler meltdown in H&M India which resulted in two flustered parents paying a ridiculous amount for said tutu and fleeing the store with a screaming toddler, angry baby and a disapproving mother in law in tow.
· A trip up to the summit of the Eiffel Tower carrying two babies, a folded pram, a large blanket and two bags. The champagne bar at the top was probably the only thing that stopped us from throwing ourselves off the tower!!
So all in all, the good definitely outweighs the bad but I'd be lying if I said that 'The Ugly' parts weren't pretty ugly!!
Thanks so much for following along so far and I hope you are enjoying the few pictures I manage to post on Instagram. But just know that “Paris” and “London” and “New York City” sound great and ARE great but for the most part it’s mum life as usual around here, just in a different city and with much less help haha – grandparents we miss you!
Stay tuned for my final wrap up post when we come home in a few weeks time. xx